May 2, 2010

A Tale of Two Nadiias

You might remember that I said I wasn't going to finish the Nadiia project that I started at the workshop a couple weeks ago. Well, my friend, who also went to the workshop, kept diligently working on her Nadiia and giving me progress reports. I had just rolled my project up and tucked it on a shelf. But she kept nagging at me. (Nadiia, not my friend.) I guess I felt as though I needed to at least give her some hair and some clothing. Here are the two Nadiias side by side. My Nadiia is on the right with the pink hair and optic background. My friend's Nadiia follows the pattern a little more closely. I left out the dark brown that gives some more depth between the face/neck and the hair. And I am not going to actually quilt and bind my Nadiia, but at least she is at a point where I can relax and put her away again.
Do you think they look like sisters?

No comments:

Post a Comment