June 4, 2010

Segway adventure!

I'm going to interrupt my story about our trip to France in order to share a couple of photos from today's segway adventure at the Biltmore Estate.
My friend and I have been talking about using the segways for a
l-o-n-g time and today was finally "the day." After signing our lives away, our group of 6 got some patient instruction. Here's my friend getting oriented. There are two practice areas where maneuvers are learned and practiced at a conservative speed of 6 MPH. Note that our segways have wide "off road" tires. We learned that there are segways with narrower tires that are used on city sidewalk conditions... kind of like mountain bikes vs. road bikes.
Once we got comfortable with the vehicles, our leader reset them to go 12.5 MPH for our exploration of some of the trails on the estate. Here we are near the lagoon with the Biltmore House in the distance.
It was tons of fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment