August 8, 2010

Blue Ridge Parkway Quilt

I'm just back from my final visit to the Asheville Quilt Show. From my point of view, it seems like it has been a great success, as usual.


A highlight for me was the showing of the now completed Blue Ridge Parkway 75th Anniversary Quilt. You might remember an earlier blog where I showed you the lady slipper block that I made for the quilt, using some silk fabrics that I hand-dyed when I went to John C. Campbell Folk School this spring. Well, it was an honor for me to be part of this Asheville Quilt Guild project. The quilt will be donated to the BRP Folk Art Center this September and, though I may be just a tad prejudiced, I think that the completed quilt turned out really, really well. I hope you enjoy this sneak preview!

No comments:

Post a Comment