December 30, 2010

Resolutions

Since I shared my blog address in all my holiday letters, it occurred to me that a good resolution would be to blog a bit more often. Maybe then my friends would get in the habit of checking in on me frequently in 2011. So here's a new post to keep you coming back!

After our return home from Florida, there was a "flurry" of activity with pre-Christmas social events and then the things I needed to do so that our Christmas would happen... getting the holiday letters and packages put in the mail and doing a little holiday grocery shopping and cooking.

And then there was the real "flurry" on Christmas morning... as in snow flurry. The snow started at daybreak and then it just continued, relentlessly, until we had 9 inches of it! I did NOT move south to have a white Christmas! Well, we are now 5 days past that storm and a lot of the snow is gone. Hooray!
One of the things I did while I was housebound was to work on some pincushions I am making for an event I'm going to in January, so I thought I'd show those to you. They are made of felt and they're fun to embellish with embroidery. They are much more cheerful than the winter scene I could have photographed out my front door on Christmas day!

Happy 2011!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment