July 10, 2011

It's in the mail...

On the first day of summer, my new greatnephew was born. His name is Harrison Joseph, but I guess he will be called "Harry" which was my father's name (his great grandfather).
A week later, while I was in Buffalo, I bought fabric to make him a quilt. And here it is!

It's just a simple design of squares with an inside border that matches the backing. The inside border and backing fabric has some cute little vehicles on it and the squares are random primary colors that match. It's about 35 x 45 inches.
I think it looks very "little boyish" with blue being the dominant color and all the little cars and trucks on the print fabric. I just used raw edge machine applique to add his name in block letters to the top.I'm pleased with it and I'm especially proud of the fact that it is already in the mail and he will receive it before his 1 month birthday! I'm usually not that prompt. :-)



No comments:

Post a Comment