September 26, 2011

Some little quilts

Here are three little quilts I've been working on. Each of them is 12 inches square.
The first two I made from scraps, mostly batiks, that I had left over from a project several years ago. I always like the idea of using up scraps in a creative way. I used my Pro Chem metallic paints in gold, bronze and brass shades to stencil the figures and leaves and I'm pretty darn happy with the results. Here's a closer look at each of them:





And finally, this is a miniature replica of the quilt that Alice and I made for the Folk Heritage Committee to raffle off during this year's series of "Shindig on the Green" concerts. Alice paper-pieced the little log cabin blocks for me out of scraps from the big quilt. I put them together, quilted and bound the block. It is a nice memento of our collaborative project. It makes me smile!










No comments:

Post a Comment