February 24, 2012

Springtime in February!

This morning when I was driving to my exercise class, I noticed that there were some red bud trees in bloom. This is way early, I think, for that to be happening, but we are seeing some early signs of spring this year, that's for sure!
When I got back to our neighborhood, I noticed that the red buds have not started blooming on our circle, but the magnolia across the street is starting to burst! Here are a couple shots of that:


I found one lone crocus near our holly bush:

And our lenten roses have been in bloom for several weeks, as have the daffodils on our slope.

I noticed lots of new growth on the rose bushes and the butterfly bushes. The tulips are several inches high. Willow trees have gone from having that yellow halo to actually having some green leaves emerging and the pussy willow bushes are getting green, as well.
Don't they all know there is still another month of winter?



No comments:

Post a Comment