March 31, 2012

Showy Orchids!

We traveled home from Myrtle Beach yesterday, but got home in time to make a quick stop at the opening night of the Orchid Show at the North Carolina Arboretum. I wasn't going to take any pictures, but how could I resist!

I really don't know anything about the different types of orchids, but each year, I'm amazed by the variety, the colors, the sizes and shapes. I think the displays this year were better than ever. But rather than babbling on about something I know little about, here are some pictures, in no particular order, for you to enjoy!












This little guy was guarding one of the displays!And I snapped this as we were leaving at dusk. Imagine how pretty the blossoming trees would look on a sunny day like today!Spring is certainly happening in Western North Carolina right now! Enjoy!







































1 comment:

  1. What pretty colors! The pink and yellow combination is a great quilt inspiration. And the white one with the violet - looks like a winking owl - wow!

    ReplyDelete