February 20, 2014

Some leftovers!

After doing several posts in a row last month, I realized I still had a couple of photos on my desktop that I forgot to blog about, so this will clean up that problem!

First of all:

I made these cute octopus hats for the twins.  I did follow the pattern, checked my gauge, but they did come out a little bit to big for 6 month olds.  But they are cute and they will grow into them!

Another thing I did prior to Christmas was to make fabric letters of the babies' names:

They are just two layers of fabric with some stiff fusible interfacing inside and I just satin stitched around the outside.  I had no idea what mom and dad would do with them, but they were fun to make.  As it turns out, the babies' love them!  They have been played with a lot, drooled on, and soon they will be chewed on!  (Each of the twins has two teeth!)  I hope they are non-toxic!  It's fun to get photos and videos of the little ones' enjoying their letters!

And finally, a little follow up to the silkies blog posting.  Here's Anja enjoying her silkie!

The babies always make me smile!

1 comment:

  1. That baby would make anyone smile! I guess we have to wait till next fall for a photo of the hats with babies in them? Oh, and cute letters, too!!

    ReplyDelete