June 5, 2012

Neighborhood Bomber Strikes Again!

Our neighborhood yarn bomber, Barbara, is at it again!  This time she decorated the stop sign at the entrance, or rather the exit, to our development.
Here's her handiwork:
I had to stand on my tip toes and extend my arms to get this photo.  I can see my reflection in the sign... perhaps you can see it, too.  My hands, holding the camera, are just under the "T."  That's due to the fact that if I had taken the picture at eye level, the cute little leaves would be hidden against the foliage in the background.  I wanted to be sure they were visible, because they really are darn cute!
I wondered how she had gotten those leaves to stick out so nicely.  So here are a couple closeups so you can see the technique.

This one, taken from the back, shows the wire attaching the wired leaf to the pole.  Pretty clever, huh?

It used to be just another "stop" sign, but now it brings a smile to my face every time I see it.  Thanks, Barb!

No comments:

Post a Comment