September 11, 2012

Greetings from California!

Wish you were here!
I had kind of expected to be able to do a daily post during this trip, but a couple of things have gotten in the way. Internet access has not been the easiest to find... and my time has been pretty filled up. Finally this evening we have some free time and so I've been able to hang out at the Internet lounge here in Yosemite's Curry Village and catch up on email. Night is falling quickly, and I don't have my flashlight, so I will have to trudge back to the cabin soon.
I've attached three photos and I'm not sure that they will be in the order I'm describing them, but here goes.
The first one is of the hotel at the end of Rodeo Drive in LA that was the setting for the movie "Pretty Woman." It's a pretty building in a pretty spectacular location, one of many we saw on our city tour of LA last Friday.
The base of the general Sherman is actually the largest tree in Sequoia Kings Canyon National Park AND the largest in the world! I also have to admit that I had never heard of Kings Canyon, but we made a spectacular excursion into the canyon and saw some awesome sights there, as well.
And the final shot is of the view as you descend into Yosemite valley, the huge rock faces that line the canyon where I've spent the last two days exploring.
Tomorrow we leave Yosemite enroute to Death Valley.
To be continued...

1 comment:

  1. What a contrast from each photo to the next - each is beautiful - but that last one of Yosemite?? Spectacular!

    ReplyDelete