September 1, 2012

Trying something a little more complicated!

Here's another attempt at posting a blog entry from my iPad. My goal is to have some text, but also include three images. Let's give it a try!
Today, Barbara Brackman, a quilt blogger (grandmotherschoice.blogspot.com), made the first of 49 posts celebrating the fight for women's rights. Each week she will give directions for an 8 inch quilt block and a bit of a history lesson recalling the year 1913. She calls this her "Saturday Morning Post.". Clever, huh?
My father was born in 1913, so I will think of my paternal grandmother, Josephine, as I build my cache of quilt blocks. I wonder how she felt 100 years ago about the issue of women being allowed the right to vote, which wouldn't happen until little Harry was 7 years old?
She was a quilter, so I know she would be delighted that I am enjoying developing those skills, too.
I had hoped to place my images throughout the text, but there doesn't appear to be a way for me to position them, so I guess I just have to be happy if they appear at all.
The red, green and tan batik block is my first of the series, named "grandmother's choice" by the Ladies' Art Company in 1890. I learned that I will need to be very precise in my cutting and seam allowances, as this block, though adequate, has a few problems. I don't intend to point them out!

No comments:

Post a Comment