January 26, 2014

Ben's Quilt

On December 27th, my brother's 9th grandchild was born.  So, I made him a quilt.

Of course, earlier in the year I heard that a baby was expected, knew he would be a boy for several months, and even knew that his name would be Benjamin.  But for a variety of reasons, the most likely one being the fact that I am great at procrastinating, I didn't start his quilt until his mother was having contractions!

I'm happy to report that his quilt is ready to be put in the mail on his one month birthday... could be a lot worse!

Here's his quilt spread out on my little sunroom table.  The quilt (and my table) measures about 40x40 inches.

I'm including a close up of the center block which has Ben's name, mostly because I think the square of blue fabric with the vehicles on it was leftover from Ben's brother Harry's quilt.
I was happy to find a similar vehicle print for the back of the quilt and, since I want the quilt to be lovingly used and worn out, I decided to not include a label, but just signed the front corner of the quilt.

                                     
So I hope Benjamin loves it!

1 comment:

  1. Great fabric for the green binding too! Hoorah for Great Aunt Ann!

    ReplyDelete