July 20, 2014

Rainy Day Project

We had two days of rain, Friday and Saturday, and that meant I had some creative time on my hands. I've been thinking about Nora's upcoming wedding shower and then the wedding itself and decided to make a banner we could use to add to the decorations.  Her attendants' dresses are purple so I made this string of pennants spelling out her name and her fiancĂ©'s name.  Here it is draped over our couch:
And a close up to show the background fabric and details:

Everything is fused, except for the stitched hanging "string."  The white is actually a fine corduroy so it, along with the fusing, gives the pennants some body.  
I think it looks quite festive!


1 comment:

  1. Oh this is an interesting coincidence - I'm working on a banner project myself, started on Wednesday. Each letter is going to be a little quilt for mine, but yours is much more elegant!! (You'll only see mine after my Dad's birthday in a couple of weeks.)

    ReplyDelete