March 11, 2016

A Quilt for Everett

My niece, Emily, who lives in California, had a baby on March 1st. 
I knew from her baby shower registry that they had a "fox" theme going.  I was unable to attend her shower, but decided I would make a quilt and send it when the baby arrived.  We knew it would be a boy, so I wanted something with foxes and something that looked "masculine."  
A friend at my bee brought in a simple baby quilt she had made that featured a fabric with very suave looking male foxes, so that was my inspiration.  I was able to find the fabric in a local store and thought it looked good with the black and white cross hatch fabric.
This is not the greatest photo... I don't know why I didn't take time to smooth the quilt out better and center it properly in the frame.
 Here's a close up of some of those handsome foxes.
I was delighted to find a flannel fox fabric in the same color scheme for the backing.
And here's 9 day old Everett enjoying his fox quilt!
Now, isn't that pretty darn sweet?

1 comment:

  1. Sweet? Yes!!! Both a sleeping Everett, and the Foxy quilt-- Nicely done!!

    ReplyDelete