June 1, 2016

50 Shades of Green

Usually when I walk at Fletcher Park, I'm drawn to the bridge that spans Cane Creek.
From there you can see the creek from both directions. Sometimes the water level is low and clear and you can see the rocky bottom of the stream.

Today the water was high and moving swiftly, stirred up, I guess, from recent rain, though we live only a few miles from Fletcher Park and I can't remember a rain storm in many days. I think it's deceiving, though, because sometimes a dark cloud forms and drops a huge amount of rain quickly, when just a short distance away the sky is blue and filled with fluffier white clouds. 
But here are views in both directions today.
 This morning the sky was blue with just a few clouds in the distance. As I write this in early afternoon, I can hear some distant thunder, so some of those rogue rain storms are likely not too far away.

What I especially noticed today was the abundant new foliage on all of the plants along the trail. Everything was verdant with that "almost jungle" feeling that happens in the late spring when everything has returned to life and is practically growing right in front of your eyes.

Many of the new leaves had striations of lighter color than the more mature leaves on the same plant and I was glad I had my iPhone camera with me to capture some of the beautiful shades.

So here is what I saw:
















 Even this tree had a crown of gold with greens leaves below. I know from the photo it sort of looks like the sun is just creating those light spots and shadows, but the tree really had gold leaves on top and green leaves below.
I was glad I took that walk this morning. Not only was it a bit of physical exercise, but it was a treat to the senses, as well!

Today I think green is my favorite color!

1 comment:

  1. What a marvelous collection of green-on-green you have here!!

    ReplyDelete