January 12, 2012

Bombs in the Hood!

Our nice quiet neighborhood has been bombed!!! Yarn bombed, that is... or yarn stormed, if you prefer.

No, I was not the perp. I suspect it was crafty Barb, but I will have to wait until I see her again to get the full story.

I think they are quite lovely, though.

Here are some photos of the trees and some close ups of each so you can see the detail.

Though I love the turquoise color scheme of the first example, I must say that I am quite taken by the creative use of granny squares in this second example.
And I'm thinking that the gold, orange and avocado yarn looks real familiar. I may have used some like that in an afghan in the 70's.

I must say it's rather interesting to see a bit of color in the trees this time of year. Maybe the two in my front yard need some bombing!



No comments:

Post a Comment